Saturday, January 01, 2005

It is difficult to type with one arm behind your back

I am being coerced, blackmailed as it were into writing this blog.
Through many years as a Mapleleafs fan, (since the 1977 playoffs when the Leafs beat the Islanders in 7) I have never seen a player quite like Mats Johan Sundin, his skill as a hockey player and his poise as the Leaf Captain are better than any that I've seen in a MapleLeaf uniform. So Kudos to you Mats, your Mom is calling you for some Campbell's soup and I'm calling you to get your derriere back on the ice for some good old fashioned barn burning hockey, just like the good ol' days.
There you go M.A

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Will!! I know you really mean what you wrote (disregarding the title and the first line) and the money is being put aside for the wedding gift. (I'm sure you and Aukje will love to hang Mat's picture in your apartment!)

Will Dykstra said...

Yes of course, while I might stretch the truth from time to time (creative license and all that), I would never tarnish my journalistic integrity by publishing lies, especially in a public forum such as this blog.

Anonymous said...

You really want that gift don't you Will?!!

Will Dykstra said...

It's not that I'm greedy, I just can't bear the thought of me being in your bad books.